Ayurveda Cancer Prevention
As we all realize that cancer has become a gigantic disease all over the world and every year millions of people are losing their money, social status, and lives due to this disease.
Therefore, it is time for people to become more aware of this life-threatening disease as well as the different treatments for this condition.
Despite the fact that modern technology of medicine has not produced good results. The astrological philosopher and the medical side have been strong in Ayurveda since ancient times.
What Is Cancer?
Cancer is a wide term that describes the disease that occurs when cellular changes cause uncontrolled cell growth and division.
Tumors are generally divided into benign and malignant. A benign tumor is localized, grows slowly, and usually does not kill the patient.
Malignant or cancerous tumors grow faster. They are not localized and are usually fatal to the patient.
Cancer cells don’t necessarily shape a smaller cancer. Leukemia, for example, is a cancer of blood-forming tissues, where cancer cells circulate in the body and behave to some extent like healthy cells. Eventually, they crowd out healthy cells, preventing their normal functioning.
An ever-increasing number of individuals can recover from the disease. The extent of healing depends on many factors, such as the type of cancer and the distribution of the tumor.
Many patients who cannot recover permanently can live a long life thanks to advances in cancer treatment.
While normal cell growth follows an orderly path of growth, division, and death, cancer cells do not experience death but continue to grow and divide.
There can be several causes of cancer, some of the most common reasons include:
• DNA damage or mutations lead to damage to genes involved in cell division.
• Genetic predisposition.
• Being overweight or obese
• Unhealthy diet with low consumption of fruits and vegetables
• Lack of physical activity
• Alcohol consumption
• Sexually transmitted HPV infection
• Ionizing and non-ionizing radiation
• Urban air pollution
• Smoke (internal or industrial) etc.
Likely Signs Of Early Detection Of Cancer (Attention):
• Change in bowel or bladder habits
• A wound that does not heal
• Unusual bleeding or discharge
• Thickening or protuberance in the breast or elsewhere
• Indigestion or difficulty swallowing
• Noticeable change in a wart or wart
• Persistent cough or hoarseness
Cancer can be successfully treated if caught early. Screening is a means of early detection of the disease in asymptomatic people with the aim of reducing morbidity and mortality.
General Cancer Prevention Measures
Public education on the prevention of identified risk factors for cancer and the promotion of healthy lifestyle habits contribute to its prevention and control.
• Quit involving tobacco in all its forms
• Avoid consuming alcohol
• Adopt healthy eating habits
• Choose mostly plant-based diets high in fruits and vegetables
• Limit the consumption of red meats (beef, pork, etc.) and canned foods.
• Practice regular physical activity
• Keep an optimal and ideal weight for height and age
We now know that more than a third of cancers are preventable and a third are potentially curable, provided they are detected early in their development.
The quality of life of patients with this incurable disease can be improved by palliative care. Ayurveda plays an important role in improving the quality of life of cancer patients.
The integrative approach to cancer treatment through Allopathy and Ayurveda has the ability to compensate for each other’s limitations and complement each other to improve quality of life and increase disease-free survival in cancer patients.
Ayurvedic Ways To Prevent Cancer
These days, people have deviated from these healthy lifestyles. Ayurveda paves the way for a healthy lifestyle.
We must follow an Ayurvedic lifestyle to prevent many diseases including cancer. In Ayurveda, we call 2 tools, “Dinacharya” and the seasonal changes we have to make in our way of life, namely “Rithucharya”.
Today’s modern food lifestyle lacks metabolism and immunity. Ayurvedic medicines prevent the accumulation of toxins in our bodies and prevent cancer.
Ayurvedic Cancer Treatment
Cancer treatment in Ayurveda is very deep and holistic in its approach. Ayurveda treats the disease according to the specific nature of the patient, the aggravated body energies involved and the body tissues affected.
Cancer treatment in Ayurveda does not focus only on the area of malignancy, but on the whole system, as the whole organism must be restored in harmony so that the disease is permanently treated and does not escalate. not reproduce elsewhere.
The body should be purged of toxins that cause cells to attack the body. Treatment includes the administration of herbs to purify the blood as well as the adoption of a detoxifying diet.
Circulation-boosting herbs are also prescribed to promote circulation, alter blood stasis, increase the efficient elimination of toxins, and help tissue heal. Herbs and minerals that restore immunity are given to increase the strength of weakened patients.
An essential part of cancer treatment in Ayurveda is the relaxation of the mind. Emotion suppression or emotional stagnation is an important causative factor and a barrier to effective treatment of this condition.
The patient needs to heal at the deepest level of their individuality. Guidance of Meditation, counseling, yoga, pranayama, and the study of spiritual philosophy is recommended to support this aspect of personal healing.
Ayurveda Holistic Methods For Cancer Treatment Include:
- Withdraw from foods and lifestyles that cause tridosha (Vata, Pitta, Kapha) imbalance.
- Kill toxins by Panchakarma.
- Restoration of the functions of the jatharagni sound (digestive power).
- Restoration by rasayanas.
- Ayurvedic preparations can be used as an adjuvant or co-treatment with chemotherapy or radiotherapy. It is also useful in the post-operative mind.
- Ayurvedic medicines make it possible to limit the side effects of these therapies.
- Prescribe a diet according to the constitution of the body.
- Eat sattwic and organic fruits, vegetables, and grains as much as possible.
- Consume milk, fruit juices, butter, cream cheese, fresh nuts and seeds, sprouts, honey, and herbal teas.
- Say no to snacks, fast food, and ready meals.
- Reduce the use of microwave ovens. This increases the Kafanatura of the food and therefore the Kapha in the body.
- The body too, after consumption.
- Eat less meat, especially red meat. Reduce meat consumption during the growth phase.
- Consume fresh meat and another source of meat.
- In case of anorexia, eat small frequent meals. Eat foods the patient likes and have ready-to-eat snacks such as crackers, cheese, nuts, seeds, ice cream, bars, or yogurt. Change your diet if your appetite improves.
- People who have a pitta constitution and sufficient strength can eat raw vegetables, sprouted milk, and sprouted foods with garlic and ginger.
- Vitamin D has a protective effect on tumor development. Greasy fish, eggs, and vegetable oils are natural sources of vitamin D.
- Sugar is not a problem as many think. Sugar does not feed the tumor. However, this can lead to overweight or hyperactivity.
Make sure you get plenty of exercise, take (long) walks outside, or relax in nature.
Regular Practices of meditation and yoga creates mental and physical relaxation. Quieting the mind to a clear and calm state will especially help you to distinguish between what is beneficial for you and what is not.
Listening to harmonious music is relaxing, calming, and healing for the mind, thoughts, and nervous system.
To prevent and treat cancer in an Ayurvedic way. Bringing hope, health, and happiness to cancer patients around the world.